Community Input Needed for Future East King County Bus Service - April 06, 2021

The East Link Connections transit-needs survey is open through April 25, 2021. This pro... [more...]

Sound Transit - South Bellevue Construction Alert - April 03, 2021

Sound Transit's South Bellevue Station is looking good!  For all things Sound Transit, visit... [more...]

Free High-volume COVID-19 test site comes to King County’s Eastside - December 13, 2020

Summary: A new free COVID-19 test site will open at Bellevue College on Tuesday, December 15. Thi... [more...]

Mental Health Resources - December 01, 2020

Many of us are feeling the strain of the ongoing pandemic.  We encourage everyone to explore... [more...]


Special Considerations

Bald Eagle over Beaux Arts Beach

Bald Eagle over Beaux Arts Beach

Property owners in the Town of Beaux Arts Village must also comply with King County, Washington State and Federal regulations that affect their proposed project and/or property, including but not limited to the following.


  1. SALES TAX REPORTING:  The Town has its own Sales Tax number. A portion of the sales taxes collected and reported using this Sales Tax Number are returned to the Town and used for local projects: repairing streets, maintaining Town property, general administration, etc.

    Property owners and/or contractors are asked to report all sales-tax collections to the Washington State Department of Revenue using the Beaux Arts Sales Tax Number 1703.  In addition, owners/contractors purchasing materials that are delivered to a Beaux Arts address should ask the merchant to report the sales-tax collections associated with the purchase to this Sales Tax Number.

  2. BALD EAGLE PROTECTION:  Beaux Arts is home to at least one pair of nesting bald eagles; many construction projects will be subject to Federal and state rules that protect the eagles' habitat. Please visit for current rules and regulations.

  3. CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL RECYCLING:  King County recently enacted rules requiring that all construction and demolition (C&D) materials generated in King County be taken to a King-County Designated C&D Facility.  In addition, disposal of the following materials are is prohibited; these materials must be separated from non-recyclable water either at the jobsite or at a designated C&D Facility:

    Wood (clean, untreated, unpainted), Cardboard, Metal, Gypsum Scrap (new), Asphalt Paving, Bricks, and Concrete

    For more information, please visit


PLEASE NOTE: Compliance with these rules is enforced by the agency charged with said enforcement; however, if a property owner's project is cited for non-compliance by an outside agency, the Building Official has the option of imposing a Stop Work Order that will remain in effect until compliance is achieved and documented by the citing agency.