- Resources for Residents
- Payment Options
- Clerk's Office
- Building Department / Permit Center
- Water Department
- Public Works / Street Department
- Emergency Services / Public Safety
- Franchise Utilities
- Other Resources
- Contact Us
Sound Transit - Eastlink Extension News - July 14, 2018
https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/WASOUND/bulletins/1fe1ec3 Note nighttime westbound I-90... [more...]
Building Department / Permit Center
The Building Department oversees all aspects of construction on private property in the Town of Beaux Arts Village, from permitting to final inspections. Building Official Crystal Kolke and Town Planner Mona Green work under contract with the Town to perform this work. Deputy Clerk Angela Kulp handles the administrative aspects of this process and serves as a liaison between the Town's professional contractors and its residents.
Construction on Town rights-of-way, including paved roads, is overseen by the Street Department and inspected by the Town Engineer. Please refer to that section for more information.
In the Building Department section of this website, you will find pages for:
- Permits and Inspections - provides the instructions and forms needed to apply for a permit. Please note that we offer electronic submission; more information about that option is also on this page.
- Zoning Considerations and Changes - presents information about special zoning considerations and provides the instructions and forms needed to apply for a zoning change, e.g. a variance, boundary line adjustment or subdivision.
- Special Considerations - outlines information about other considerations that may affect your project, e.g. Bald Eagle Nests in Beaux Arts.
Please consult these pages before you make plans for your next construction project. You will need Adobe Acrobat to view the instructions and use the forms.
If you need information about the Town codes governing the work to be performed, please see the link to the Beaux Arts Village Municipal Code below. These codes set forth the Town's zoning rules, building standards, permitting requirements, and schedule of inspections.
PLEASE NOTE: The Town of Beaux Arts Village issues its own building, grading, mechanical, plumbing, demolition, tree-removal and right-of-way permits. The Town does NOT issue permits for electrical work. Electrical permits are issued by the Washington State Department of Labor & Industries, Bellevue Service Location, 425.990.1400